The day is here!
Our first timed Tuesday! Today, we will be focusing on why we need to save time and use it wisely. (If you missed out on any information, Timed Tuesdays were announced in my Newsletter, this week in December I will give three tips on time.)
Time seems to fly by, one minute it’s there and gone the next.
We need to save time and use it wisely for a few different reasons.
- The Bible calls us to save time– There are so many different verses in the Bible on time. I am going to share a few of them later.
- Life is busy- It’s that simple. We can’t spend two hours in the morning writing (or whatever else your hobby is if it isnt writing) when we’re supposed to be at school, work, or whatever else you should be doing.
- Lost Time is never found again- I like how Benjamin Franklin put that. You can’t go back. You might be able to do whatever you missed but you can’t have that time back.
These are the three key reasons why we need to make the most of our time.
Here are a few of my favorite Bible Verses on time:
- Behave wisely toward outsiders, making the best use of your time. -Colossians 4:5
- Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. -Psalm 90:12
- Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. -Ephesians 5:16-17
Sadly, I often find myself wasting time. I will open my computer and go to the Young Writer’s Workshop site to sign in for a sprint and I find myself checking all my notifications or messaging friends and family on Google Hangouts when I should be focused on a sprint. I also get distracted making doing graphic designs when I could be using my time more wisely doing something that actually needs to be completed.
Think about this for a second: What wastes your time? What time could be better spent on something else? Give yourself an honest opinion. If you feel comfortable, you could share things that cause you to waste time in the comments.
I hope this can be helpful for you! Next week, we will go deeper into How to save Time.
Until next time,