Loving your siblings is hard sometimes. They are often loud, messy, and wild when you just want some peace. I completely understand how difficult it can be to love your siblings all the time because I have the same problem! Here are a few tips I have learned over the years of being a sibling.
“Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God.” Matthew 5:9
Being peaceful is hard. Especially when our siblings are being annoying or loud. God calls us to be peaceful. A few ideas on how you can be peaceful:
- Pray- Ask God to help you be peaceful with your siblings.
- Take a deep breath.
- Step away from the craziness and relax for a moment.
“Be ye kind, one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as Christ hath forgiven you.” Ephesians 4:32
Sometimes being kind and gentle to your siblings is the hardest thing to do. They are always getting on your nerves, bothering you, and you just have to snap at them and tell them to go away. However, God call us to be kind:
- Once again, pray. Take a second to talk to God and ask for help.
- Count to ten before you speak and ask yourself, is what I am going to say kind? Is it going to uplift them? Or tear them down?
- Ask youself, What would Jesus do?
“ Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.”
Forgiving is a key point to loving your siblings. God tells us to forgive. Yes, sometimes we lose our patience with them. And they do annoying and bothersome things. The beautiful thing about this is that God forgives us always and he will always help us forgive our siblings!
- Pray- Ask for forgiviness for your part in the situation
- Pray- Ask God to help you forgive your sibling even if they are not sorry.
- Do something nice for your sibling- to show them everything is okay
Siblings can be hard to love but they can also be a blessing. I always try to remember, my siblings, no matter what age they are, have feelings. They care about me! And your siblings have feelings and care about you! More than we can realize sometimes.
These are the three things I think every sibling, young or old, needs to have. Peace, Kindness, and Forgiveness.
I hope this article has given you ways to love your siblings better. I will pray for you to get along with your siblings and I hope you pray for me.
Until next time,